|Lab results showing promise or not?
Apr 28, 2003
I first tested HIV+ on Feb 08,2003, and shortly folowing after another series of tests diagnosed with AIDS on Feb 21,2003.
My February 21 lab results were as follows:
HIV-1 RNA by PCR, Quan = 643,787 copies/ml
HIV-1 RNA Log = 5.808
CD4 = 17.0 Absolute CD4 = 170
My blood test results as of 04/07/2003 were:
HIV-1 RNA Ultra Sensitive QN = 6129 copies/ml
HIV-1 RNA Log = 3.787
Somehow these results seem remarkable.Please explain. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those results are remarkable and tell you that the meds do work. You are on a potent regimen and should be able to get your viral load undetectable pretty soon. Keep up the good work.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.