Don't Understand

Hello.. I came down with HIV in 1999.. I was 39 then.. went through a roller-coster ride when I found out (tried to commit sucide.. was at the hospital--alcohol problem).. my viral load was in the millions.. (I think 1 million or so).. But, my T-cells were 800-900ish...VERY GOOD.. But, went on the drugs.. had a bad reaction to AZT (anemia).. so just was on Zerit, Elivar.. and the blue pill (forget it's name).. Well 2 years ago, I told my doc (a very good HIV DOC in DC) I didn't want to take the pills.. he was against it..But agreed, since I was having problems trying to keep up with the regiment.. OKAK.. So,the strange thing that happpend.. and very good thing, is that every time I go back to him my viral load goes down, AND, my T-cells remain very high.. I'm now down to 900 in VL.. and 850 in T-Cells.. it just keeps getting lower every 3 months.. What do you think? Never got a second opinion.. But, just don't know what to do.. AM I'M JUST WAITING FOR THE INEVITABLE????? What are your thoughts? BTW.. I'm also a heavy drinker.. and do all very bad stuff.. unsafe stuff.. shouldn't.. (My doc says everything is great.. he can't believe it.. neither can I).. I'm now going on 43.. white male.. german/norwegian male.. Thank you for you time..

I can't explain why this has happened to you, but I agree with not restarting any meds. It looks like your immune system is able to contain viral replication on its own and that's a good thing.

First Lab Results
Lab results showing promise or not?