Confused .....

I was converted in July of 2002. My doctor put me on meds( Sustiva, Viread, Combivir). My viral load was over 100k and my t's were 500.....7 months later my t's were 813 but my viral load never went undetecable...hovered around 140. My doctor took me off my meds and said we would wait a month, do a new genotype test and take it from there. Its been 6 weeks- my viral load is 114k and my t's are 819. I feel so much better OFF the meds, but do not want my t's to be destryed by my high viral count? Advice-suggestions? My docotr said I am being paranoid.

You are in no immediate danger, with respect to HIV disease progression, given your high CD4 counts. Because of your high CD4 counts, you can afford to wait and see where your numbers will float to. Sometimes after stopping meds, the viral load over shoots. But in your case, it looks like you have returned to about your baseline. On your next set or two of labs, you will see if your immune system can maintain your CD4 count in the face of pretty high levels of viral replication, or not. If there is a significant decline in CD4 count, you may want to consider restarting meds.

can an abcess tooth affect vl count?
First Lab Results