CD4 and viral load, what do the numbers mean?

In the grand scheme of HIV what does a CD4 count of 286 and viral load 661 mean exactly? My partner came back with these test results having not taken any his HIV meds for a month. He says this if good but I am still worried, I know this throws him into late symptomatic stage. Where do we go from here?

There is not enough info here to make a determination of what these numbers mean. It appears that he may have been on HIV meds and now has been off for one month. What were the numbers (CD4 and viral load) prior to starting, and just before stopping his meds. All I can say is that a viral load of 661 would be considered quite low and a CD4 count of 286 is moderately depressed.

Cd4 counts rises but percent stays the samet
ch4 and viral load