nonhodkinslymphoma

My sister-in-law is 23 years old, last feb she was diagnosed with non hodkins lymphoma. It's now been over a year since the diagnoses and on her last ct they found a shadow on her chest. She said the doctor did not seem worried. She has to go back in 3 months for another scan. Do you think if the doctor thought it was serious he would do a scan earlier? Does it happen often that shadows appear and it is nothing. I'm worried, do I have reason to be. A concerned sister-in-law. P.S her brother had a tumour on his arm and their mother died of cancer at 43.

It's hard to determine what this could be given the information provided. If she has had chemotherapy, has AIDS, or has any underlying lung disease or infection, this could affect what is being seen on the x-rays.

What does the future hold?
CD4 and Viral Load at odds