|Viral load 190 million?
Apr 3, 2003
A freind told me today his viral load was 190 million. I've never heard of such a high number. Is this possible? It has to be an error, and if not he needs a new doctor<which I've been trying to get him to do> for not knowing this
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No commercial assay will produce a number that high, unless the sample is serially diluted. Most commercial labs will not do that. I am not aware of HIV viral loads being reported that high.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- How Are Genital Warts Contracted?
- How Soon Do Hpv Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.