Can one raise CD4 count?

I tested positive in 1986. My highest VL was 750,000 6 years ago and lowest CD4 about 320. My highest CD4 was 1,090 which was 3 years ago and my VL dropped from 750K over a short period of time to undetectable after I started protease inhibitors. It has remained so, with an occational blip up. My CD4 count has dropped over time and has stayed about 500 over the last year or so. I am off protease inhibitors now for about 1 year, but still on other meds. My last test was VL undetectable and CD4 just under 500. Other people have asked you if there was a way to increase CD4 cells and I have not seen a direct answer. My Doc says I'm doing great and not to obsess over CD4 cells. I don't know my ratios, but he said they are very good. I also know he is right telling me not to obsess, but is there anyway to increase CD4 cells, or are they just going to be what they are?

Your doctor is right. Your numbers are great. One way to increase CD4 counts would be to use interleukin 2. IL-2 is t cell growth factor. It has been studied for many years and can relatively safely increase CD4 count. Whether those CD4 cells are effective or not is still the subject of controversy. There are lots of other anecdotal reports of health supplements, herbs or other substances increasing CD4 counts. But I think you are in very good shape now.

lymph gland percentage
no meds viral load still down