|Whole HIV when VL is 100k???
Mar 22, 2003
How many live free floating intact HIV are in the blood when the VL is 100,000. I read somewhere that it only represents "10" whole free floating HIV? thanks... ps: if you can point me to an article on this also.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The answer is somewhat theoretical and somewhat from data. Based on electron microscopy, RNA quantitation, and viral culture, it is estimated that of circulating viral particles about 1 in 1000 are infectious.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Someone Live A Whole Life With Hiv?
- What Type Of Immune Cells Does Hiv Attack?
- Is Thrush A Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Can You Have Hiv And Still Have A Normal White Blood Count?
- Heterosexual Transmission Of Hiv Female To Male
- Cutaneous Candidiasis Tinea Corporis Tinea Cruris Tinea Pedis Or Pityriasis Versicolor
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.