Interpretation of log reduction to reduction to absolute copies of HCV
Mar 15, 2003
I need a math lesson. Could you provide the fold reduction, percent reduction, and reduction of actual copies of hepatitis C virus for each log reduction? I am especially interested in knowing how to interpret a 2-log reduction. Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1 log = 10 copies 2 log = 100 copies 3 log = 1000 " 4 log = 10,000 " 5 log = 100,000 ", etc. A 2 log reduction would be a 100 fold reduction. A 3 log reduction would be a 1000 fold reduction, etc.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away After You Get A Shot?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- Where Does Genital Herpes Enters Body?
- What Foods To Eat And Avoid With Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Vitamins That Suppress Herpes Outbreaks
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.