Interpretation of log reduction to reduction to absolute copies of HCV
Mar 15, 2003
I need a math lesson. Could you provide the fold reduction, percent reduction, and reduction of actual copies of hepatitis C virus for each log reduction? I am especially interested in knowing how to interpret a 2-log reduction. Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1 log = 10 copies 2 log = 100 copies 3 log = 1000 " 4 log = 10,000 " 5 log = 100,000 ", etc. A 2 log reduction would be a 100 fold reduction. A 3 log reduction would be a 1000 fold reduction, etc.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Herpes Virus Originate?
- Where Does Herpes Come From?
- When Genital Warts Fall Off Are You Still Contagious?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.