|What is ALK PHOS
Mar 15, 2003
I had a question on my ALK PHOS result on my HIV lab test. What exactly is it??? Since my diagnosis 10 months ago, it went from 79 in March '02 to 123 in December '02. Is their cause for alarm since it seems to increase at each of my lab test??? I'm on the Kaletra/Combivir regimen. Thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Alkaline phosphatase is an enzyme involved in many functions in many tissues. It can be elevated if there are problems in the liver or bones for instance. I am not sure that the elevation you describe is that significant.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Is Autoimmune Hepatitis Contagious With Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.