Mar 15, 2003
I was infected in Thailand but genotype tests shows my virus as recombinant B/F. B I understand of course but have you encountered subtype F before?? What implications might this have for disease progression or treatment?
My vl has gone from 7,000 at 3 months to 100,000 at 6mo while Tcells have gone from 620/26 to 560/28 (at least the percentage has increased). I don't find this sudden deterioration too comfortable! Please comment.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is acutally lots of subtype F and B/F mixtures in South America. We don't have enough data to know whether progression rates are different, but treatment response appears to be similar to subtype B.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.