|vih and semen
Mar 15, 2003
I have been studying this issue,AIDS, and I have a question, maybe so fool, but I need an answer and nobody resolves my question- Why the semen is a vehicle for VIH transmission if the virus can only live in cd4 cells? Does semen, nor sperma, a high count of cd4 cells?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Cells other than CD4 cells can be infected and HIV is found in seminal fluid (cell free) outside any cells in semen. It can thus be transmitted through semen as cell free virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sculptra Ingredients Side Effect
- Effects Of Hepatitis C On The Liver
- How Long Can Hiv Hide In Your System Before Being Detected?
- Living With Hiv Personal Stories
- I Had Blood Tested For Pneumonia Could They Tell If I Had Hiv Through This
- Incidence Of Health Care Workers Contracting Hep C
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.