Gonorrhea and jump in viral load

Hi...Please help. I've been undectable for over a year, switched from Trizivir to Epivir, Viread, and Ziagen to get rid of the AZT blues. Now, out of the blue I have a viral load of 70K from a reading this month, but in January was undectable. I also think that I may have had gonorrhea when the blood was drawn...could that be the cause for the jump that high?? Thank you.

Yes, additional ongoing infections could result in a transient increase in viral load until the other infection is treated. It's best just to have another viral load test before reacting to this number. It would be unlikely that just swapping out the AZT would have resulted in such a spike, given that viread is such a potent drug.

UNDERSTANDING
Viral Load and antibodies