shingles affect ELISA ?
Mar 15, 2003
what's the chance that someone, who is HIV neg., would develop Shingles seven days after having risky sexual contact with a person who has primary HIV and is still in the window period ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Shingles is a reactivation of old chicken pox virus infection, that we have all been exposed to as children. Many, many people without HIV infection get this reactivation syndrome.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Hives And Shingles?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Genital Herpes?
- Could Very Small Bumps Be Genital Warts
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.