Mar 1, 2003
When the CD4 count is reported, is that the count of healthy CD4 cells, or could some or all of those CD4 cells be infected with the HIV code?
UCLA CARE Clinic Patient
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The CD4 count result does NOT discriminate between those cells that are HIV infected or uninfected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- How Long After Sex Can I Take An Hiv Test?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Will Happen If Gonorrhea Goes Untreated?
- What Is A Over The Counter Genital Wart Remover?
- Could Very Small Bumps Be Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.