does this sound plausible?

I suspect that i was infected in May 2002. I seroconverted two weeks later and was tested at that time; the test was negative. I was retested three weeks ago and the results were positive. A nurse just told me over the phone that my viral load is 1300 (log 3.11). This was much lower than I anticipated, so I am somewhat relieved. DO these numbers seem plausible to you if I have carried the virus for nine months. I have yet to see my infectious diseases doctor; my appt. is not for some time yet, and I'd like a little clarification. By the way, I don't know my t-cell count. Thanks for this great resource.

Everyone has their own viral load set point, or viral load that their body's immune system and the virus reach after acute infection and seroconversion. The viral load you quote is not unreasonable, and in fact viral load can vary from undetectable to the 100,000s.

Bsc. student in life sciences
CD4 Count