Bsc. student in life sciences
Feb 16, 2003
1. Are there any target cells other than CD4+ lymphocytes? 2. What happens to HIV virion when out of a target cell? can the immune system "kill" a "free" HIV virion.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. Yes, cells like monocytes and dendritic cells. 2. Yes, through antibody neutralization, and trapping by immune cells like dendritic cells.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.