Bsc. student in life sciences
Feb 16, 2003
1. Are there any target cells other than CD4+ lymphocytes? 2. What happens to HIV virion when out of a target cell? can the immune system "kill" a "free" HIV virion.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. Yes, cells like monocytes and dendritic cells. 2. Yes, through antibody neutralization, and trapping by immune cells like dendritic cells.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Does Hiv Affect Your Stomach?
- Is It Against The Law To Have Sex With Someone And Not Tell Them That You Have Hiv?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- Hiv In The 80s
- Are Cold Sores A Symptom Of Thrush?
- Do Hiv Symptoms Go Away After Taking The Meds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.