|What is a low viral load?
Jan 31, 2003
I wanted to know what the numbers were for it to be considered a low viral load?
Also, what does "undetectable" really mean when refering to viral load? and what are the numbers relative to such a description?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
An undetectable viral load usually means a value of < 50 copies/ml. This is a somewhat artificial threshold, since many people have some level of detectable virus between 0-50 copies/ml, particularly if they are on treatment. A low viral load would then be considered in the range of 50-1,000 copies/ml.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.