|Vaccine for monkeys
Jan 25, 2003
Iwas reading in the medical section of the news paper and came across an article about an experimental vaccine for HIV infected monkeys that lasted up to ten months and no meds were needed during this time ... this was great news and if it becomes available for humans I'd say this would be an opportunity to work on that fat belly everyone is complaining about, have you heard any more on this study?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not sure which vaccine you are referring to. There are several candidates that are being investigated in monkeys. They are each constructed in a somewhat different fashion and are showing various degrees of immune system response and various degrees of protection against SIV challenge.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Shingles After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.