VARICELLA VACCINE

DR. HOLODNIY,

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER REGARDING THE FLU SHOT POSTED JAN 11, 2003. REGARDING MY VARICELLA STATUS I AM TESTED NEGATIVE FOR VARICELLA ANTIBODIES. AGAIN MY LATEST VIRAL LOAD IS 987 AND CD4 IS 377, AS YOU MENTIONED THAT MY IMMUNE SYSTEM IS DOING OKEY, THAT MEANS IT IS SAFE FOR ME TO GET A VARICELLA SHOT? WHAT IS THE AFTER EFFECT OF VARICELLA VACCINE, WILL I GET SICK AND DEVELOP A RASHES? I HOPE YOU WILL ANSWER THIS QUESTION ALSO. ONCE AGAIN THANK FOR ALL THE GOOD WORKS YOU'VE DONE TO US.

Varicella vaccine is contraindicated in AIDS patients, but not asymptomatic HIV infected patients. It can be given to people with your CD4 counts. People usually experience flu-like symptoms and local swelling around the injection site.

Sudden Increase in VL not CD4
keep us informed