|Sudden Increase in VL not CD4
Jan 25, 2003
Dear Dr. in Aug my labs were CD4 343 VL 23000. In December CD4 339 VL 71000.My Dr. says that the increase is not alarming but will do another test soon. What could possibly cause the significant increase in VL?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I agree with your doctor. Although this looks like a big jump, it is within the variability of the assay (a 3 fold or 3 times difference). I agree with just repeating the numbers to reassess.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.