Thyroid Stimulating Hormone

My doctor has advised me that my thyroid stimulating hormone is borderline high and will have to be retested in two months. I understand that this can be a sign of hypothyroidism. I have been VL undetectable for a year, with current CD4 at 181. Is this possibly HIV-related, or is it something unrelated? What does it mean, and what do I need to look out for?

Probably unrelated. There are many, many people without HIV infection who are hypothyroid and require replacement therapy. Given you have an elevated TSH, this is usually a sign that the thyroid is not making enough hormone, in which case it will need to be replaced by daily thyroid supplements. Some people with low thyroid function feel fatigued, might gain weight and dry skin and brittle hair among other symptoms.

liver enzymes
A MUST read for the WORRIED WELL