Jan 25, 2003
what does ATL OR ALT mean? my friend went to give blood and was told he could not because of his liver enzymes.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those are names for the liver enzymes that can be measured in blood. If they are elevated, it might mean something is wrong in the liver. They are very nonspecific, meaning many things could be causing this elevation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Std Show Up?
- How Long Does Hpv Last Without A Host?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Do Antidepressants Affect STD Test Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.