Jan 25, 2003
what does ATL OR ALT mean? my friend went to give blood and was told he could not because of his liver enzymes.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those are names for the liver enzymes that can be measured in blood. If they are elevated, it might mean something is wrong in the liver. They are very nonspecific, meaning many things could be causing this elevation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.