Jan 25, 2003
I am on isoniazid and vitamin B6 for a positive tuberculosis test. I was required to take the medication for 9 months with monthly check-ups. Last month my liver enzyme was 90. This month it is 410 what does that mean. The doctor immediately took me off the INH and wants to do further testing.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
INH can cause liver toxicity. It is common practice to test the blood periodically for evidence of liver toxicity when people are receiving INH. Most peoples blood liver enzymes return to normal in a few days after stopping it.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Color Is Discharge From Herpes?
- What Can I Do For My Immune System To Keep From Getting Shingles Again?
- What Are The Odds Of My Partner Having Genital Warts And Me Not?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes With A Condom On?
- What Antibiotics Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Lifespan Of The Hpv Virus?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.