Stumped on Blood Tests

Hi Dr. Holodiny, First of all, I would really like to thank you for giving us really imformative answers. I think I speak for everyone that reads posts in this forum when I say that.

My question has to do with my labs. I just recently found out that I was HIV+, and I don't quite know how to read my results. My Dr. told me that my Viral Load was 12,000, I don't know if that is good or bad. He didn't say anything about my CD4 count, but he did hand me my test results. I was wondering if maybe you could tell me what my CD4 was based on my CBCw/diff? If you can, here they are:

WBC:9.0 Neutrophils:58.0 Lymphocytes:34.5 Monocytes:6.2 Eosinphils:0.9 Basophils:.04 Absolute Neutrophil:5.2 Absolute Lymphocyte:3.1 Absolute Momocyte:0.6 Absolute Eosinophil:0.1 Absolute Basophil:0.0

Is my understanding that lymphocytes are CD4 cells by another name? What is the CD8 and the CD8 ratio? I am new to all of this and I have no idea if my counts are good or bad. I am a female if that makes any difference in the counts. Also, by these counts, would you be able to tell if I was infected recently, or many years ago? Sorry for all the questions! I hate being in the dark when it comes to my health! Thank you so much for all you do!

There is not enough information on a CBC with differential count to determine a CD4 count. That requires a special additional test. A CD4 count could be ordered as: t cell subsets, t helper cells, T4 count, or CD4/CD8 counts. Cd4 cells are the cells primarily infected by HIV. CD8 cells (or t suppressor or cytotoxic t cells) are the primary cell involved with controlling HIV infection. In HIV infection, the CD4 count goes down and the CD8 count goes up. So the CD4/CD8 cell ratio, would then go down with infection. At this point without a CD4 count, we can't tell how impacted your immune system is by the infection. Your viral load is in the low to moderate range.

creatinine level
what does DIFF+ mean?