PCR HCV negative?
Dec 26, 2002
Dear Dr. Mark,
I have one short question. Are patients who had Hepatitis C with PCR HCV RNK negative (after treatment) infectious?
Kind regards, Alexander
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not clear. Being "PCR negative" means there is no detectable HCV in the blood serum. We know that HCV can exist in blood mononuclear cells, liver and in other organs. Most HCV docs speak of sustained virologic response (SVR) to indicate when people have an undetectable blood plasma viral load at least 6 months after stopping treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Vagina?
- Does HIV Cause Sore On Penis?
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.