|Two Blips in a Row
Nov 26, 2002
In July my VL came back at 110, after being under 50. In October, it was 130. Would you be concerned?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
NO. As long as the CD4 count/percentage remained consistent and you were taking your meds as prescribed. We certainly see blips like this. This can represent assay variability or potentially low burst of virus replication. I also see several patients with levels that remain in this low 100 stage for many, many months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testing Negative After Anal Fingering
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Rimming
- Unprotected Anal Sex How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Vaginal Secretions Afraid I Have HIV
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Dried Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.