Nov 24, 2002
I was informed that my subtype was A/E. Can you explain this to me please. Have I been infected by 2 strains ? Thank you !
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes and no. Although most people have a single HIV subtype virus infection, some people have what is referred to as a CRF, circulating recombinant form. A CRF is indeed pieces of usually two subtypes that have combined together to form a new recombinant form. The possibilities are that you were infected with this CRF, or that you had been exposed to the two different subtypes and they came together within you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Deadliest Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- How Long Does It Take To Detect Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.