| New diagnosed.
Nov 17, 2002
I am new diagnosed. The doctor said my viral load is 88,ooo and CD4 is 739. I am wondering does 88,000 mean? I am trying to put things in perspective so I wont be so scared. Thank You Very Much Jeff
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That viral load is moderately high, but not dangerously so. You have a very good CD4 count currently, that would be considered in the normal range. You don't currently need to start any treatment, but that level of viral load bares watching closely because it indicates a high level of virus replication, which can result in your CD4 count decreasing over time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.