HCV -Lab tests, giant platelets?

I've been on peg/rib treatment for 2 months now, I have genotype2. My last blood test stated they could not obtain a platelet count due to 'clumping'. I then took another special test in order for them to read the platelet count, however it stated 'Evaluate results with caution. The white blood cell count & platelet count may be altered due to interferences coused by the presence of significant numbers of large/giant platelets. Platelet count was 93 / white blood cell count was 4.4. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thank you for your help

Could be as a result of the HCV treatment, particularly the ribavirin. It probably bears repeating the test. I would not be that concerned about it unless the platelet counts go down dramatically or you have signs of bleeding or blood loss.

Lab notes on Myeloctye and WBC deterioration
New diagnosed.