Lab notes on Myeloctye and WBC deterioration
Nov 17, 2002
For the first time my lab reports had a note saying several things I don't understand. First it states, Heloglobin result and indices have been corrected for lipemia. The next note says, Rare Melocyte seen on scanning. The last note says WBC deterioration noted on the blood smear. Are these significant or just "normal" for a long-term survivor?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Could be lab artifact, or might mean something significant. The first thing is to get the CBC redrawn and if the abnormality exits, talk with your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
- What Is The Meaning Chlamydia Igg Test Positive?
- What Happens When Bacterial Vaginosis Goes Untreated?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- Symptoms Of Hpv Skin Rashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.