|Undetectable viral load in blood = undetectable viral load in semen?
Oct 21, 2002
My viral load has been undetectable for 6 months. I don't have the desire to play russian roulette with HIV- guys, but am wondering if my serum undetectable status also results in less virus in my semen. I use condoms, but it would be nice to know if my undetectable status also helps lower the risk.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It probably does, but it's better to play safe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection Sign Of Seroconversion
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- HIV Test After Sex With A Prostitute
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.