Question on initial immune response
Oct 14, 2002
I know there is much variance with this but based on you expert opinion, what are the average viral load after acute infection. What is the likely hood of ones initial immune response knocking the virus down to undectable?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Average viral loads are very high (>100,000) and can persist for many days to weeks at this level. The likelihood of becoming undetectable in the absence of treatment is small.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Swallowing Cum?
- Are Black Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.