big blip after surgery

Below is my previous question and your answer (thanks so much for getting back so quickly -- this is a great service you all are doing!). Anyhow, yes, I did have surgery (hernia repair) 3-4 weeks prior to the blood draw which returned the VL of 1850. Plus a lot of job stress at that time. Could that cause a rise in the VL? Thanks again, and sorry I didn't include this info the first time.

Prev. question: Undetectable VL for almost 3 years on Zyagen, Viramune and Videx. Suddenly, VL is 1850. Doc is re-testing in a month to see if it's just a blip. Question 1: Can a blip be as high as 1850 copies? Question 2: Is a month too long to wait for retesting? Thanks.

Response to previous question: That's a little high for a "blip". A month for retest is fine. Was there anything else going on at the time when that test was taken (flu, other infections, etc)? That could also cause a bump like that.

There is no real data about blipping around surgical procedures. But given the stress the body has around surgery and your job stress, it might have been enough to cause a burst of viral replication.

Latest Labs and Disease Progression
Detect Viral Load For HIV-2