How high can a blip be?
Oct 11, 2002
Undetectable VL for almost 3 years on Zyagen, Viramune and Videx. Suddenly, VL is 1850. Doc is re-testing in a month to see if it's just a blip. Question 1: Can a blip be as high as 1850 copies? Question 2: Is a month too long to wait for retesting? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That's a little high for a "blip". A month for retest is fine. Was there anything else going on at the time when that test was taken (flu, other infections, etc)? That could also cause a bump like that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts When Giving Oral Sex?
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.