CD4 114 vl 367000
Oct 2, 2002
My dad has sarcardosis, a lung disease. And recently diagnosed with AIDS. his cd4+ is 114 and his vl=367,000. How bad is he. He feels sick all the time and did not respond well to sustiva. He also has hepatits B. How long does he have to live?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although he has AIDS by definition, and is at risk of developing opportunistic infections, he still has some immune system reserve and should respond well to a HIV regimen that he can tolerate. I could not comment on his prognosis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rare Symptoms Of Hiv
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Hiv From Woman To Man?
- Hairy Leukoplakia Vs. Thrush
- Can You Increase Cd4 Count With Nutritional Supplements?
- If A Man Swallowed His Own Sperm Could He Get Hiv Or Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.