Very confused

Is it true that the Elisa can be positive in the early stages of infection and the western blot be negative? I didn't think the Elisa would be positive before the western blot because I read a response from you stating they usually turn positive around the same time. I thought that if you had true antibodies to the HIV virus that the western blot would pick up on that as well, is that true? I can't see having a true positive Elisa and a negative western blot can you? Please explain. Thank you for your time.

This is the last word and time on this issue. An HIV ELISA can be positive and a western blot be negative (most likely a false positive ELISA) or indeterminate (early seroconversion or again false positive).

Idiopathic cd4 depletion syndrome
meaning of