How quickly will symptoms manifest with an aggresive HIV strain?
Sep 13, 2002
My fiance was just diagnosed with AIDS, CD-4 count is 6 and the viral load is off the charts. He believes he may have been exposed to an "aggresive" strain of HIV 2 1/2 years ago. How long after exposure (if untreated)will it take an aggresive strain to depleat t-cells?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
He could be within the time frame of a rapidly progressive course. There are not alot of cases reported in the medical literature, only case reports, so it makes it hard to know how common and what the time frames might be.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.