re:HIV in bodyfluids
Sep 13, 2002
Dr. Holodniy, while it is known that HIV is present in Blood(highest amount)Semen and vaginal fluids and all are potential means of transmission of HIV. My question is does semen contain higher levels of HIV than vaginal fluids? I have been told that it does and that be one of the reasons for the lower(not 0 just lower)odds of female to male transission. Could you please comment on this topic?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Semen appears to have more HIV viral copies (and probably infectious virus) than vaginal fluid.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Can You Think You Have Mono And Really Have Hiv?
- Do They Test For Hiv In Routine Blood Tests?
- Hiv Test At Six Weeks With Third Generation Test
- Oral Sex And Menstrual Blood Hiv
- Oral Sex With Undetectable Man
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.