Re:Low White Blood Count
Sep 13, 2002
Dear Mark, thanks for your response - you mention there is a syndrome call idiopathic CD4 depletion syndrome that is well recognized, but not associated with HIV-1 infection. Is it known what causes this syndrome? You mention it is not related to HIV-1 - does this mean it may be related to other non HIV-1 types of HIV? Does the condition lead to persistently low CD4 levels or do Cd4 levels recover in time?
Thanks very much
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is not known what causes this syndrome, nor do investigators know if it's any virus related to HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Color Is The Genital Warts Discharge?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Vitamin B12 And Herpes Infection
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
- Symptoms Of Hpv Skin Rashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.