partner just tested positive - how long should i wait to be tested?
Sep 8, 2002
I tested negative last May. My partner just tested positive and will have his confirmation/first labs done this week. I'm tempted to get retested immediately but have been advised to wait another month by our local counselor. Suggestions?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not sure why there should be a month wait. If you were negative in May and high risk contact and infection occurred some time in the last 3 months, it is conceivable that HIV antibody tests would be positive now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.