|cd4 count using manual method
Sep 8, 2002
I just did my lab work in Africa and found out my cd4 count was 430 using manual method! What does maual method in detecting cd4 count involve? How reliable is this manual method? I am worried because the last time I did it in the states 3 months ago, it was 630! Can it go down so fast!!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not sure what the manual method is that you refer to. There are many different ways that CD4 counts could be obtained. In general, the CD4 percentage is a more stable number compared to the absolute number. It is also important to look at the trend with more than two numbers.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting Hiv By Having Sex One Time With A Positive Person
- Hepatitis B Vaccine And Time Frame
- Hiv Infection Odds Top Or Bottom
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Hiv If I Wore A Condom?
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.