Virus Load Methods

Dear Drs. What is the difference between PCR RNA and PCR bDNA results? Is the bDNA results two times the RNA results, is it a good correlation? The PCR RNA detects until 400 copies/mm3 and less values are nondetectable? The bDNA detects until 50 copies/mm3 and less values are nondetectable? Is it means that 400 copies/mm3 (RNA) is the same 800(DNA)? For each method , which are the ranges for low, medium and high values? Thank you.

The answer depends in part on which PCR test is being used. Newer versions of PCR tests will yield almost equivalent results compared to bDNA.

Ghandi please answer my Gondii
What the hell is going on with my quarterly blood results