Sep 8, 2002
Are modestly enlarged lymph nodes without pain always a bad sign in the hiv setting?could it also be a sign that the immune system is keeping things in check or does it normally mean viral progression?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Enlarged lymphnodes are a sign that the immune system is reacting to an infection. This is generally caused by recruitment of immune cells (like CD4 cells) to lymph nodes. This is usually a good thing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.