Low White Blood Count
Sep 8, 2002
Dear Mark - aside from HIV and Cancer are there other infections that could cause a persons White Blood Count to be below the normal range for a long period of time, thus causing their absolute CD4 to be persistently low?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Persistently low unlikely. There is a syndrome call idiopathic CD4 depletion syndrome that is well recognized, but not associated with HIV-1 infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms During Window Period
- Itchy Scrotum Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.