|More infectious than blood?
Sep 6, 2002
During web surfing, I found a research report that,at certain stage of menstruation cycle(one week before menstruation? may be..) viral load of cervical secretion is higher than that of blood!! Does it mean that woman's genital fluid at this point is more infectious than blood?
| Response from Dr. Little
No - just more infectious than at other times during her monthly hormonal cycling.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Achy Balls After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.