More infectious than blood?
Sep 6, 2002
During web surfing, I found a research report that,at certain stage of menstruation cycle(one week before menstruation? may be..) viral load of cervical secretion is higher than that of blood!! Does it mean that woman's genital fluid at this point is more infectious than blood?
Response from Dr. Little
No - just more infectious than at other times during her monthly hormonal cycling.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Kids If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.