ELISA Positive, VL <50 ,HIV+?

I tested positive for my ELISA test, and just got my VL results back. It is an HIV-1 RNA Quantitation by bDNA and my HIV copies /mL is <50. Symptoms of sickness for past 6-9months.

Do you think I have a chance of being HIV+?

My Doctor said that because my VL results were negative she wants to me to be retested in 3 months. She seemed pretty casual, however Im not completely confident that the VL is completely accurate. Help understand all this please...thanks so much

You did not indicate whether a western blot test was performed to confirm the ELISA screening test. A western blot should have been performed prior to the viral load test. This would resolve the discordance between the test results.

Strongly Positive all bands - Western-Blot
Testimonials