Aug 19, 2002
What percentage of people get infected with hiv without being infected with other diseases? In other words, how often do you see an infection where hiv is the only player in the game?
Thanks for your kind answer
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The majority of people probably get HIV alone. However, those numbers are hard to come by. A significant minority will get HCV or sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis, etc) at the same time they get HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes?
- Can I Get Crabs With Condom On?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.