Aug 16, 2002
Why are some people able to obtain a truly 0 reading with meds and other's are coined "undetectable" even though the have a small amount of virus floating around?Does this mean that someone with a low level (say 30 copies) is not going to fair as well when put head to head with the true "zero"? Finally since each test is just one point in time is it possible that you can be zero sometimes but other times for whatever confounding reason a little virus show up now and then? Do you think we will ever have true zero tests to use on antibody positive people? Thank you Greatly
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Sorry. I can't answer the why question. We don't have enough data, nor assays accurate enough to measure down to zero, to assess whether zero patients do better than 30 copy folks or what the variability at that level is.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.