|Difference between Viral loan & Antibody test
Aug 16, 2002
Dear Dr Susan,
What is the difference between viral load test and Elisa antibody test? Are both test used to check the status of HIV virus in the blood.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes. The viral load test measures whether the actual virus is present in blood. The ELISA test measures whether antibody (that a person makes) against the virus is present.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loans For Hiv Positive
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.